Fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Romans 12:2 MSG

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Prayer Of Abandonment


I first learned of this prayer through my brothers at the St. Joseph’s Home for Boys in Haiti.  A dear friend, Maya Luckner Fond Rose, who I hope for you all to meet one day, prayed this prayer as he ‘grew up’ at St. Joe’s.  A former child slave found his ‘new life’ in Christ through loving relationships and passionate faith.  The lost was found.  The throw a way was restored.  God spoke into his life and into ours.  We come to find our deepest longings and very soul in God’s hands.  

Father,
I abandon myself into your hands;
Do with me what you will.
Whatever you may do, I thank you:
I am ready for all, I accept all.
Let only your will be done in me,
And in all your creatures.
I wish no more than this, O Lord.  

Into your hands I commend my soul.
I offer it to you,
With all the love of my heart,
For I love you Lord,
And so need to give myself,
To surrender myself into your hands,
Without reserve,
And with boundless confidence,
For you are my Father.
Amen.  

Charles de Foucalde

No comments:

Post a Comment