Fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Romans 12:2 MSG

Friday, January 26, 2018

A Living Testimony

So many questions. The world is filled with them. It seems the more we know the less we know. 
 
Of utmost importance, when it comes to Jesus, what do we say and how do we respond to the following: 
 
I love you Lord because…
 
I need you Lord because…
 
I praise you Lord because…
 
I obey you Lord because…
 
I thank you Lord because…
 
I hope in you Lord because…
 
I trust in you Lord because…
 
I find joy in you Lord because…
 
I find peace in you Lord because…
 
 
We are made to be in relationship with Jesus and one another. How we articulate that relationship to others is very important. 
 
One key piece of every wedding that I am invited to preside over is to invite the couple to write a love letter to each other. I share snippets of those love letters during the wedding ceremony. In the love letter I invite them to address the following, “Why do you love each other so much? What are your hopes and dreams for your marriage relationship? What made it possible for you to give your lives to each other?” While challenging to do, the couples later express the meaning this brought to their wedding day. 
 
You have heard the phrase, “Keep the main thing the main thing!” Jesus is the main thing. Agape love is the main thing. Relationship is the main thing. 
 
God give us the words to express our love for you and the purpose you have for our lives.
 
Peace and Hope ,
Pastor Chad

No comments:

Post a Comment